Rose care for your garden
(Reference: Arizona Rose Societies Calendar)
- Start winter pruning in late December.
- Reduce watering.
- Spray weeds.
- Clean and sharpen pruning and planting tools.
- Prune roses back approximately one-half, except for climbers. Remove foliage.
Clean up all debris (leaves and petals) and discard in trash.
- Spray a fungicide bi-weekly to prevent powdery mildew. Spray the canes and the
ground around the rose bush.
- Deep water roses at least once a week.
- Plant new bare-root roses. Newly planted roses should be kept moist but not wet.